Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekend in DC

Last weekend we took a quick (and very last minute) trip to DC to visit our nephews and Patrick's sister and Mom.  There were some serious logistics involved with getting 4 kids under the age of 5 out and about but we still managed to do it (by god).  There was only a little bit of child caging that had to be done:
Highlights included a good solid morning at the natural history museum where Evie saw dinosaur fossils for the first time, we all became engrossed in human evolution (ok maybe Evie wasn't too engrossed but she wasn't uninterested...and Izzy slept through it all)  and I learned about some funky mammals I had never even heard of before. 
We also visited the national gallery for just a quick walk though and took a carousel ride.  (A favorite activity for both of the older Lacroix girls...)

The highlight though was taking Evie and Dylan ice skating.  I am afraid I was about as wobbly as the kids were at first and wasn't too much help but after a few laps we were all doing pretty well.  Evie even skated "by herself" with the help of the railing a bit.  Genevieve took to it and managed to skate with us for almost an hour.  It was pretty warm and thus just about the best ice skating I've ever done!  More than anything else it was so very wonderful to see her doing so well!!
 It was a great, but rather tiring trip for everyone....

No comments: