Patrick and I have found that somehow, no matter how early we get up, the mornings are always a bit harried. This is because no matter how early we get up we always can't quite get ourselves to stop the lovely part of the morning (aka sitting around in our pj's and drinking coffee, usually with Evie on his lap and Izzy on mine) until about 7 am or sometimes as late as 7:15. This always leaves us a 1/2 hour at best to get ready for school and work. Luckily for both of us though there are some efficiencies to be had. The first is Evie usually gets herself ready (and is generally ready to go out the door long before either of us). The second is Izzy's usually easy-going temperament, which most mornings allows me to let her sit in her bouncy chair while everyone else runs back and forth in front of her frantically getting ready. The other little part of the morning routine now is Izzy sitting in her baby seat with me while I do my hair (I had to get my hair cut in a serious, and if I do say so myself, rather sassy way, which now means I actually have to spend a whopping 5 minutes doing it every morning) Izzy just tolerates the bouncy chair part of her morning, but clearly enjoys "helping" me do my hair. She sits in the little chair and just smiles at that pretty little baby in the mirror (don't worry I never leave her by herself there)
Oh and in case your wondering what happens on the days when Evie is feeling uncooperative and/or Izzy doesn't want to just sit and watch the world go by... well on those days I just don't get out of the house until 9 am at the earliest and generally need to stop for another cup of coffee :)
No comments:
Post a Comment