Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Culinary Milestone
And here I thought all the milestones would be from this point forward reserved for the soon-to-be Lacroix... Evie had a rather exciting, and surely not on the developmental list, milestone this week. She decided that it was high time she make her own dinner. As I mentally sang a little hallelujah chorus, I outwardly, and rather calmly, said of course you can make your own dinner. Foolishly I agreed before inquiring about what exactly the fare would be. This could have turned out very badly for me if the chosen meal had involved fire, excessive amounts of sugar or some other sort of undesirable. As it turns out she had a real hankering for a dinner of apples, peanut butter and shredded cheese. Mmm delicious. So I dutifully cut some apples for her, put cheese in one bowl, peanut butter in another and gave her a knife and said go for it. And she did. She spread peanut butter on each apple, added shredded cheese and then gobbled it up... the whole apple and all the fixings. All I have to say is that someone out there is looking out for me because not once did she ask me if I wanted to try this lovely dish...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment