Friday, April 29, 2011

Bye-bye Blankie Sweater


An old friend has been bid a (mostly) fond adieu this week. Blankie sweater (aka my sweater) first became the lovey of choice for Evie round about June 2009. Since then she has gone just about everywhere with us. Many a car has been turned around when her absence was discovered. She successfully helped Genevieve get to sleep every night and make the transition from home to preschool. She was such an essential part of our family that I purchased an (almost) twin for her so that no terrible crises would befall us. She has been chewed and unraveled, washed and dirtied and, above all loved. At some times her stench was more than even I could take... Regardless, the relationship between Genevieve and Blankie sweater is coming to an end in part because Evie is a big four year old but mostly because the chewing and rubbing of said sweater on Evie's mouth has caused her poor sensitive skin to have near constant eczema that try as I might I have not been able to treat any other way. She is not ready to abandon the thumb just yet and I am OK with that. Besides Patrick and I are both all about anti-hypocrisy in parenting and both are guilty of thumb sucking beyond the age of four...and look how well we turned out :)

No comments: