Monday, April 4, 2011

Birthday week


Genevieve's 4th birthday week officially began on Friday with a surprise birthday party at her school for her and her friend Lydia (whose birthday was this weekend). Evie's birthday turns into a week because this week is spring break for her school so her "school birthday" had to be celebrated ahead of time and her real birthday is on a Wednesday this year making it impossible to have the main event on her birthday proper.


Her teacher has been planning the event for a few weeks now and I came over too for the festivities (and brought some party hats and skirts for the girls to enliven the festivities a bit). Evie's teacher Isabelle decorated the tables put out glitter, brought cookies and even painted their faces like kitties and Lydia's parents sent in some tie-dyed cupcakes for everyone. The preschool is a pretty small crowd on Friday so after the initial surprise the kindergarten French class came to join in on the fun too. When I came early for the surprise she practically pushed me back out the door saying "No Mommy you can't pick me up yet, there is going to be a surprise!" When I explained that I was part of the surprise she got really excited, it was too cute. I am so lucky to have such a flexible schedule these days that I can just take off and go over to her class for a birthday party (it was also very fortuitous that my 12:30-3:00 class was canceled for the day.)

No comments: