Yesterday was our second official International Day at Evie's school representing Belgium. Last year my waffles, which I tried to cook on the go, didn't work out so well on account of the lack of electricity (or rather reliable electricity). This year I made them all (all 100 of them) last weekend, froze them and then toasted them as needed. Granted I spent a pretty ridiculous amount of time making waffles last weekend but it did make the house smell pretty darn good and by the fourth batch I had the whole recipe and time for the dough to rise down pat. (I would have only had to make 3 batches if it hadn't been for Evie and Patrick constantly dipping into the kitchen and sneaking off with my fresh-made waffles.)
Anyway the waffles were a success and the new game I made, a card guess the Belgian icon game, while not as flashy as the spinning board last year, certainly worked well and didn't fly off in the spring winds. Evie must have spent 2 hours in the jumping castle and really enjoyed running around with all of her class friends. A pretty good way to spend my birthday if I do say so myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment