Last weekend we went on our what has now become annual trip up to Sedona. Patrick has a conference there every year so we get a free (and swanky) place to stay and it gives Evie and I a chance to hang out and have fun just us girls. Last year I had so much fun taking her to the Gap outlet and then hiking that I had my heart set on a repeat. The first attempt, on Friday night, to walk over to the outlet was thwarted by Evie's rather upset tummy and other unmentionable tummy issues. I was a bit disappointed but not too much so because I was still living off the wondrous happiness and calm from the massage I received that afternoon. Fortunately on Saturday Evie was feeling better so we were able to make a trek over to the outlet where Evie picked up a new super girl shirt and crazy pink skirt (the shirt made it out hiking... the skirt I vetoed).
After our shopping jaunt we hopped in the car and drove to bell rock where this year we decided to hike up instead of around. Evie did a good job hiking and rock scrambling. She got really excited when higher up on the rock she found "snow" (aka ice) and decided to try her hand at ice skating. She did OK for a bit but then, not surprisingly, fell on her bum. A late lesson for the small child, ice is slippery, but hey in her defense she does live in the desert. All in all it turned out to be a lovely trip (as it has been for the past three years now) and I think we are all looking forward to next year already :)
No comments:
Post a Comment