Evie and I had a great Valentine's Day! Genevieve, who now lives from holiday to holiday, spent time last weekend making valentines for the kids in her class. (Luckily it was a small class... if it were much bigger we would have had to start a few weeks ago because I found that she was interested in making maybe three at a time before she was off to do something else) For each valentine she decorated the outside and inside and gave me something to say on the inside. The captions ranged from "I am so glad your birthday is the same as my birthday" to her friend with a birthday just 3 days away from hers, to "I really love you" or "I super duper love you" There is one boy in her class with whom she has become really good friends. She wanted to do his valentine first and I had to cut her off on the pirate sparkles for fear that there would be none left for the others.
Also last weekend Patrick cryptically informed us that we needed 50s outfits for our Valentine's Day outing. The three of us went down to 4th avenue to a thrift/costume shop and found just the thing. I picked up a red poodle skirt and leopard scarf and Evie found a poodle sweater and white skirt with a crinoline. Then on Monday when I got home from work (eking in right on time from a 12 hour day in Phoenix) Patrick informed us that we were going up the street to the Loft cinema for a valentine's day sing along presentation of West Side Story. It was a lot of fun! Especially because without the lyrics I wouldn't have been able to sing more than one line in "I feel pretty" or "Tonight" I am afraid we were in such a rush to get there on time there is no pictorial evidence of our fun, but take my word for it, with my now obvious pregnant belly I looked pretty awesomely ridiculous in a red poodle skirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment