Thursday, June 17, 2010

Storyteller


Evie has become quite the storyteller/grand master of pretend lately. She creates these elaborate scenarios and then plays them out with whatever materials she can find. Sometimes its legos doubling as princesses sometimes its spoons constituting a cat family on vacation.

On Monday night after her bath she decided that she wanted to pretend she was a Barbie. Apparently the first step toward Barbie-dom is a fancy hair-do... so for the first time ever she actually sat still while I attempted to do a "fancy" hair do for her (you can see in the pictures that it didn't work out so well for me but she was happy so that's all that really matters) Evie-barbie then needed to get dressed "fancy" and then she wanted to get into a Barbie Box. We didn't have any large pink boxes handy so a split open file box would have to do. She then wanted to see what she looked like as a Barbie In A Box so we took pictures...


I then told her that I could make it really look like she was a Barbie in the box so while she painted in the other room I put together this for her (Yes it is Skipper, not Barbie but Evie can't read yet and I just couldn't bring myself to put her head on the top of a real Barbie...)

Finally after playing like Barbie in a box for awhile she ran out of the room proclaiming that she had a good idea, and came back like this:


In case you can't tell that is Evie pretending she is Daddy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See and there I always thought she resembled you most, now I must say she has her dad's expression down pat.

Rhoya said...

This is one of the funniest pictures (and blog posts) I've ever seen. Evie is one observant lady!!