Although it is incredibly difficult to make myself sit down and write right now (I am 400 pages into an incredibly engrossing 800 page book... why do I do this to myself?) Write I must because Evie had a pretty big weekend last weekend.
Starting last Wednesday she rehearsed every evening from 5-8 at the theater for the big dance performance for her dance studio. She was (briefly) in two numbers, ballet and tap. She vacillated between being very excited to be on stage and a little bit nervous about it (I learned the hard way that me being backstage was a bad idea) In the end though she gave two stellar performances on Saturday and then again on Sunday. (And in case you are interested the thumb turns out to be an important accessory to dancing... she sucked it for part of her tap routine one night, until she realized that she was supposed to be using both hands) I am afraid my low light photography leaves something to be desired so I don't really have any good pics of her dancing but I do have a few of the before and aftermath. The first is from her dance studio (Evie is the little one on the far right) and is of all of the dancers after the have practiced their "run for the rose" the second is from our friend Kwan whose daughter was also in Evie's dance class...

The highlight though was at the very end getting to run out and bow and get a rose from the head of the studio Miss Cecily. We have been treating that rose like royalty ever since...
No comments:
Post a Comment