Friday, May 14, 2010

Turn of events


Gotta love the little surprises in life. So here I am, Monday morning, gearing up for my last two days of work, I'm deleting files getting last bits of work finished, tying up all the loose ends. Around noon I receive a call from the HR person a my agency asking me if I would like to stay with the agency, move into a different division (Hydrology) and work on nothing but the project that I have been wanting/waiting to work on for four years.... oh, and all from the comfort of my home. (Maybe there really is such a thing as karma?) The only problem of course is that I had no intention of staying past August anyway because not only am I committed to going back to school I am really very excited about it. But gosh wouldn't it be nice if I could keep my job (and benefits!) part time while I go to school. I figure heck I've got nothing to loose at this point and so I propose this to the deputy director of my agency and she says, terrific... uhh what? Did I just go from unemployed to employed and working (again) on exactly what I want where I want? Go figure.

No comments: