For a little over a month now Genevieve has been enrolled in swimming lessons. Given that the most important activity for an Arizona kid during the summer is swimming at the pool (really the only way to survive the heat) we figured it was essential for her to learn as soon as possible. The way kids pick up new skills is really cool to watch and swimming certainly falls into that category. Just this week she graduated from pollywog level to goldfish level. (We celebrated this achievement with a box of jelly beans, which Evie shared with me only after I promised her that, "yes, when I was a little girl I took swimming lessons and graduated too.") As a graduate of pollywog Evie can now: do 5 popcorns with help, superman glide, 5 second back float without help, froggie dive, swim 8 feet without help, and my personal favorite, jump in and swim back to the side without help. I realize that many would need a separate dictionary for learn to swim speak but suffice to say she is doing a great job and will be hanging out poolside with the 4 year and older set before we know it!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Goldfish
For a little over a month now Genevieve has been enrolled in swimming lessons. Given that the most important activity for an Arizona kid during the summer is swimming at the pool (really the only way to survive the heat) we figured it was essential for her to learn as soon as possible. The way kids pick up new skills is really cool to watch and swimming certainly falls into that category. Just this week she graduated from pollywog level to goldfish level. (We celebrated this achievement with a box of jelly beans, which Evie shared with me only after I promised her that, "yes, when I was a little girl I took swimming lessons and graduated too.") As a graduate of pollywog Evie can now: do 5 popcorns with help, superman glide, 5 second back float without help, froggie dive, swim 8 feet without help, and my personal favorite, jump in and swim back to the side without help. I realize that many would need a separate dictionary for learn to swim speak but suffice to say she is doing a great job and will be hanging out poolside with the 4 year and older set before we know it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AZ swimming lessons sound great! I pulled Dylan out of lessons because they did not want to move past blowing bubbles! City schools- I swear! :)
Post a Comment