Monday, February 8, 2010

Red Rocks


For the second year in a row Evie and I went up to Sedona with Patrick for an annual conference of his. I must admit, I have been to Sedona so many times growing up and as an adult that it is almost a commonplace sort of place for me. I know where all the shops and restaurants are, where to park even when its crowded, etc. All this familiarity though ends whenever I look out and see those amazing red rocks. I was particularly lucky this trip because on Saturday night it snowed and we were blessed with a brief view of some snow dusted buttes and mesas...


Much fun was had with Patrick when he wasn't in the conference, including a pie snack on the bed....Evie and I also had a lot of fun spending some quality mother-daughter time. We partook in my two favorite things to do as a duo.. shopping and hiking. On Friday night Evie and I went out to dinner and then walked over to the Gap Outlet. For the first time ever we actually shopped together (now there is a milestone for ya :) She went around and picked out a couple of fancy dresses to try one and, of course, one fabulous pair of pink patent leather slippers with a large pink jewel on them. Piles of clothes in our hands, we headed to the dressing room to try them on. Evie was hilarious, trying on each dress and looking at herself in the mirror. I told her she had to pick two that she wanted and I would buy them. Unfortunately she is still to little to explain the whole concept of pick the dress that is cool and on sale, that will just have to be a lesson for another time.

On Saturday we woke up early and after a scrumptious breakfast went out to the bell rock area and did an awesome little 4.5 mile hike. Well, Evie only hiked about 1/2 mile of it but she did have a lot of fun collecting and redistributing berries that we found. After the hike we went into town and had a nice mexican food lunch. The whole time she was so great and so much fun to be around. It is really neat for me to see how our relationship changes as she gets older, I wonder what we'll do in Sedona next year?

No comments: