Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote or COLOR?

Before dawn, which isn't saying much given the season, the whole family woke up to head to the polls... I know being in Arizona our vote for Obama probably did not mean much on a grander scale, but heck if it wasn't important to us. Patrick, Evie and I showed up at the polls at 6:04 am to quite the line... over 1/2 hour, which of course started to irritate my passenger. The line, however, turned out not to be nearly so irritating as mommy "coloring," aka filling in my ballot, and not letting Evie color too. As I filled out my ballot Evie kept shouting "COLOR... MOMMY.... COLOR" Ignoring the snickers around me I quickly filled out my ballot and then hastily vacated the voting place. For her mildly good behavior we rewarded our baby girl with a banana and milk at Starbucks while we drank our free coffee... All told it was an awesome and (given the result) inspiring election day!

2 comments:

Vivian Lacroix said...

Free Starbucks?? How did you manage that? We had to pay a dollar for day old coffee may by a 9th grader!!

Unknown said...

I waited an hour! There were easily 100 people in line already when I got to my polling place at 6:55am (open at 7am). "Inspiring" is the perfect word...we were up til about 1:30am last night watching the returns and the speeches. Wow.