Thursday, October 2, 2008

New chickens!


So this is our week to take care of the alleyway chickens... because we are a new addition to the bunch there was a need to get a few new hens so that everyone has enough eggs. We tried to hatch some under a broody hen but that didn't work out so well, so on Tuesday when I was at the feed store picking up chicken food I also picked up two new chicks... it was a lot of fun! Probably the most amusing part for me was that I was driving the S2000, so I felt just a little silly parking the yellow sports car between the big trucks in the feed store parking lot and then driving home (with the top down of course) with two squeaking little chicks in the car... I kept singing in my head "one of these kids is doing her own thing..." Anyway here are some picture of the whole chicken crew and the newest additions... an Aracuana and a Red Sussex . I must admit I picked the hens based on the fact that they both had furry (or tufted if you want to get technical... I think) legs. I tell you one thing for sure though; Genevieve loves her chickens, or as I call them, her "girls".

1 comment:

Benjamin and Annie said...

I would have picked the furry-legged ones, too. You should have taken a picture of them in the passenger seat of the convertible... priceless.