
How does a parent know when their toddler is ready to take the leap toward modern plumbing? I originally thought that this, like ohh so many other stages in Genevieve’s life would be self explanatory. I have come to realize over the last week or so that it is not as easy as one who already knows how to use the facilities would think it is.
It would seem that Evie is ready for the world of panties; yet she can’t quite put it all together right. One of her favorite activities in the past week or so has been to strip down naked and go sit on the little baby toilet that Gerard and Monique gave us many, many moons (haha) ago. Now she will sit on that seat for upwards of twenty minutes but naught will come of it, except of course for her saying over and over and over again… Go pee pee? In fact, last Friday I hung out with her for about a half an hour while she sat on the baby toilet and even drank water to no avail (Except of course unless you count her spilling water into the toilet and saying “Look mommy pee pee”)
I am usually a low-tech mom but I am seriously considering this new fangled device that my Mom was recently telling us about. Apparently the wonders of microchips have come to a diaper near you… in the form of a wetness sensor. The idea is that as soon as the kid starts to pee you hear a tinkle and know that she (or he) needs to get to the pot ASAP. According to some study this is one of the most surefire ways to get the babe out of the diapers and into the world of underpants. Given that this seems to be the critical connection that Evie is missing I think we may just have to give it a whirl… I’ll let you know how it works out…. In the meantime Evie is requesting any back issues of baby-life or wild animal baby that you may have laying around because she is running out of good mags to read while indisposed.
No comments:
Post a Comment