Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Beetles and more



Last Friday we (Patrick, Evie, Kita, Quanook and I) loaded up the car and headed up to the Blue for a nice long weekend. We met up with my Aunt Betty and Uncle Jim for one night at the cabin... played a couple of mean games of scrabble (got my butt uber kicked... but Patrick actually got a scrabble just like the pros!) and then spent the rest of the weekend by ourselves. Uncharacteristically we went to a few parties... but most of the time we were cuddled up in the cabin because man did it rain!

Over the course of the weekend I was continually amazed at all of the random words Genevieve knows. On Saturday morning Betty found a cool beetle and showed it to her and without prompting Evie said "beetle" I have no idea where she learned that! (Although my best guess is her Wild Animal Baby magazines that Oma Monique bought for her). Then later that day we were walking to the stream and she picks up a pine cone, hands it to me and says "pine cone". What a random set of words she has learned!

The other big event of the weekend was that we finally went to see the Ilka cabin in Nutrioso. What an amazing pad they have there!!



Anyway we got back pretty late last night and there is a mean stomach bug moving its way through our family (I was the first to fall and am happy to say I survived) so that's all for now!

No comments: