
It was a laid-back but fun-filled weekend in our little clan. We spent most of Saturday bumming around the house; too hot to do anything else. And then around 2 pm the clouds gathered, the wind picked up and the temperature dropped enough to warrant a trip to the zoo. It was Patrick's first time... I think the anteaters were his favorite :)
Then Saturday night we decided to be crazy and give the drive-in a whirl. We threw a bunch of pillows, chairs and (just in case) toys in the jeep and headed out to see Dark Knight. Evie did great. Although she stayed awake for about an hour of the movie so I think next time we'll be sticking to G and maybe PG flicks. Patrick and I were both just so excited to see a movie at a theater of sorts we really would have gone to see anything (I think the last movie I saw was Harry Potter when Evie was like two months old and perpetually stashed in the baby sling).
Today we took a morning dip at the pool. I sat in the shade and read my book while Patrick and Genevieve frolicked. Then, after a nice long nap was had by all, we went to our second Baby Club Congress and listened to the rockin' kids-music rock band, drank juice till we were all wired (well really Patrick and I also had a beer) and ate too many cheese fish to count. Ahh the excess :)
No comments:
Post a Comment