Sunday, November 25, 2007

DangeDar



It would appear that our daughter has a terrible affliction. (Or is it ability?) Some sort of evolutionary malfunction… I call it baby DangeDar. DangeDar is a radar for danger and let me tell you Genevieve’s DangeDar is acute. I suspected she had this ability when she was still a log-rolling babe and would frequently roll herself into awkward situations, but now that she is fully mobile there is no mistaking this “talent”. In any given room she is able to find the one item that should under no circumstances be placed in one’s mouth.

There are a number of different types of items that get caught in her DangeDar net. Some are floor errata, such as tags from recent purchases, rocks, kitty litter. Others are more vertical in nature like corners of coffee tables, edges of rocking chairs, trash cans and (of course) the almighty electrical outlet.

Now I am all about positive redirection of a seemingly destructive habit. So I have done some thinking and decided that Evie and I could open a business and channel her DangeDar for the forces of good (like say to start a college savings account). You see one of Genevieve’s specialties is dust bunnies. Oh yes, if a dust bunny resides within a good 20 foot radius of her she hones in and goes for it. So here is how the business would work… Genevieve and I would seek out any and all persons who are exceptionally neat-freaky. We would then offer her services as a guaranteed dust bunny locater, just place her on the floor of the client’s home and let her do her work. I would then follow her around with my dustbin and broom and wrangle any free-range dust bunny she should encounter!

No comments: