Monday, November 12, 2007

Baltimore!!



The big weekend finally came! Last weekend Patrick, Evie and I went all the way across the wide ole U.S. to meet our nephew Dylan for the very first time! It was a whirlwind of a weekend but wonderful... albeit quite cold for us (well at least me) desert dwelling types.

Although many a pre-trip hour of mommy sleep was lost in anticipation of the plane ride I am happy to say that both the coming and the going were blissfully uneventful. Evie was a great traveler and mostly just slept on the ride to and fro.

On Friday we arrived after dark and stayed up late (including Evie....) talking and having fun.



On Saturday we went for a wonderfully cold walk around Nicole and Vivian's "hood" Including a trip to a great second hand baby clothes shop where Evie acquired an awesome new hat. The afternoon was spent at the Visionary museum... the place where loony (as in crazy) people's art is displayed. Lots of fun colors for babies to look at that is for sure!





That evening Evie and I adventured out on our own to Silver Spring so I could see some of my good friends from my DC days. Sarah and Jamie made a fabulous dinner and a good time was had by all (well as you can see toward the end of the night Evie wasn't too happy but really up to that point she had fun!) Of course I got totally lost trying to get home. Thank goodness for map guide and Patrick's ability to talk me through the streets of Baltimore at 11 pm....







On Sunday we went to the famous Baltimore farmer's market and had the world's best crepes and picked up some fine fixings for Genevieve's baby food. Sunday night was the highlight though. Erik made a wonderful lasagna for everyone and Monique and Karen came by to visit too. The evening's entertainment was (of course) sitting around watching Dylan and Evie play, play, play.

I desperately need to sleep so I'll have to let the pictures do the rest of the talking... Whew what a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: