Monday, May 14, 2007

Nicole comes to town!


Last Wednesday Genevieve got to meet her Grandma Nicole for the first time!! Nicole came all the way out from Baltimore to see Genevieve and to see Patrick graduate from law school. We have had a wonderful past few days…. Mostly involving sitting around the house and playing with little Evie, who is very fond of her Grandma and has given her the number one place to sleep award ☺

We have been having a lot of fun recently because Evie is smiling more and more and is really starting to interact with the world around her. She loves to stare into the little mirror on top of her vibrating chair and actually started grasping at the toys on the sides. The chair turned out to be a fabulous investment… and to think that to get the adult version of one of these bad boys (i.e., massage chairs) we would pay a fortune and still not have the music and “toys” associated with it that she has. Ahh the privileged life of a baby!

Unfortunately for Nicole it has been pretty darn hot here. We tried to give her a reprieve from the heat and on Friday went up to Mt. Lemmon for Evie’s first official hike. I carried her so it was not a long excursion but an important milestone nonetheless. (Some people keep track of head lifting etc but being the hippies we are we are most concerned with important events like hikes and trips to the mountains )

Of course the highlight of the past week was Patrick’s hard earned graduation from law school. Being the cheesy lady I am I made a onesie for Evie that said “Proud Daughter of a J.D.” for her to wear to the graduation. I guess Patrick and I are well matched because he seemed to really appreciate the little get up I put her in. The ceremony was really nice and Genevieve was perfectly behaved (may those days last for as long as possible… I won’t say forever because not even I am that naïve). It will definitely take some adjustment for all of us to think of Patrick as an attorney instead of a law student…

1 comment:

Benjamin and Annie said...

Patrick and his mom look so much alike!