| Looking fancy... but could I get her to smile fancy... absolutely not! |
At the beginning of February Sean, Vivian, and Dylan treated us (Evie, Pat, and I) to a night out at the symphony to hear Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto. Izzy, Pete, and Miles were treated to a night with a babysitter (which I imagine they enjoyed more than they would the symphony and a fancy-esque dinner). The six of us got all dressed up, went up the road for dinner and then just back down the road to the Strathmore to listen to the National Philharmonic play. (All told I think we traveled about 1 mile, it is amazing to live to close to the Strathmore!) Throughout the performance Evie listened and also drew pictures of what she was hearing in her program. I think she really enjoyed herself. The other piece the orchestra played was Dvorak's 8th symphony. Afterward Evie said she enjoyed that more because it was happier :)
This weekend we learned that kids always are free at the National Philharmonic Orchestra performances, so we decided to go ahead and buy tickets for all four of us to go for the rest of the season! Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment