Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hikin' and Pink Jeepin'

We've done a great job these past few weeks in getting outside.  Two weekends ago, on the holiday, Evie, Izzy, and I took a great, almost 4 mile hike, up to their favorite spot at Sabino Canyon. 

 Along the way the girls worked on their cacti identification...
 Enjoyed their hiking gear
Played by the river (and had a picnic...)
 Rediscovered the secret bench (a broken bench in the middle of the river, swept downstream a few years ago by a big flood)
And of course, the goal of the hike, Sabino Dam.  We stayed at the dam itself for about an hour playing in the super icy cold water (so icy both girl's feet were bright red by the time we left)

Then this weekend we took our annual adventure to Sedona! On Friday afternoon the girls played at the pool (Patrick and I hung out and chatted with folks he knew (I for one am not getting in even a heated pool when it is 60 degrees outside)
 Then on Saturday morning while Patrick was at his conference the girls and I took a hike up bell rock.  Making it farther than we ever have before... with, of course, many stops to collect and play in the red dirt. The last picture above is as far as we made it.... I think the look on Izzy's face is a mixture of pride and fear... we were pretty high up and had to scramble to this point.

From bell rock we made our way down to Oak Creek, where we took a little hike and then the girls played in the river for over an hour while I mostly stared off into space... it was glorious!
We then headed back to the hotel for lunch and a break before our late afternoon adventure.... in a Pink Jeep on the Broken Arrow road.
Blurry because we were bouncy...
The trip also doubled as a family photo session :)  I am sure this is the max number of photos of me you'll see all year!
     

No comments: