Around January Genevieve decided what she most wanted to do this summer was attend the Horsin' Around girl scout camp where the kids get to spend most of their day learning how to ride a horse. This camp is considerably more expensive than her usual fair, so we told her that if she could save up $100 of her allowance we would pay for the rest of the cost for her to go. Although we have not yet collected this fee from her, she did indeed stick to her guns and raise and save the $100. In talking to her about her week I think it was worth the multiple sad days where she couldn't just run out and get another doll with that $30 dollars she had in her piggy bank. According to Eve, this past week she learned to trot on a horse, ride bareback, and (perhaps most exciting to her) interact with an old "retired" horse named Spirit to learn how to brush, saddle, shoe and other important horsey care items. On their last day they even got a chance to paint Spirit... for what reason she could not explain except to say that it was a lot of fun. I don't, unfortunately, have any pictures of her riding her horse, whose name is Dandy, but apparently a friend's mom was there so maybe I will have some pics eventually. What I do have is this note she asked to write on Thursday night.....
Izzy also had a good week at "IST camp" It was a bit hard for her I
think to see her sister get dropped off at a place with horses while she
had to go to school. At least she didn't have to wear a uniform and
had a new teacher... Mme Bouchard (Evie's usual teacher). She came home
at the end of the week with this fabulous piece of art....


No comments:
Post a Comment