Sunday, February 1, 2015

On the Banks of the Rillito

This past weekend we have had an incredible amount of rain.  I can't remember the time it rained for so long for so many days (like almost 3 whole days... yes that is incredible to a desert dweller). 
 Round about the 2 day of the rain the Rillito River started to run.  The rain slowed down this afternoon, so we decided to brave it and head down to the river via scooter and balance bike to check it out.  Luckily for us, as we got to the river path the remainder of the clouds parted and it was a sunny and warm afternoon, but with water in the river! 
The girls enjoyed the walk a lot, but I think their favorite part was going down to the river bed and playing in the sand.  For me the best part was momentarily closing my eyes, leaning against the retaining wall, feeling the sun on my face and listening to the water.  I almost felt like it was summer and I was up on the Blue... oh heavenly!

No comments: