Monday, September 16, 2013

Bugs!

Today I took the girls to the Arizona Insect Festival. As it turns out people in Tucson either a) love a festival or b) love insects because it was crazy packed with people, lines to wait to pet the cockroach and to eat cricket cookies among other fabulous actitivities.
Despite the crowd we had a blast and my brother came along to give us a bit 'o the insider knowledge on the social insects.  After an hour or so of bug business Izzy was worn out.  I think Evie could have spent the whole day there though. Her favorite parts were holding the caterpillar and making a clay ladybug.  Izzy's favorite part was the look like a butterfly photo shoot.... I pretty much had to drag her away from it so other kids could get a chance.  My favorite bit was all of the awesomely colored caterpillars!  Woohoo bugs!

No comments: