Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Adventures near and far(ther)


Izzy at Sabino Canyon
I must admit I am for some reason finding it hard to put finger to keyboard for the blog these days.  Perhaps it is just the chaos that usually erupts when I try to do so.  The other problem I think is that I now have an iphone so many of my photos of late are there and I never plug the thing into the computer.... but by George it was done tonight... but first I had to wait until child #1 was asleep so I could momentarily steal it from her room... my phone doubles as a music machine for child #1 and Patrick's for child #2.... just in case any of you ever try to call us after eight and wonder why we don't answer.... it of course would never be because we are asleep already ;)

Anyway.... back in Febuary Patrick and Evie took a fabulous 4-day trip together to visit Abu and Oma out in Texas via the train.  I think they both had a blast, both in Sanderson and in the 26ish hours on the train.  The way I hear it there were many games of cards, movies, pictures and socializing done while train bound and much bad influences (from Abu) and good influences (from Oma) while in Sanderson.  The trip has taken on a mystical quality for Evie because she found a "treasure" in the form of a mountain of Barbie's and Cabbage Patch Kids at the Lacroix ranch house that once belonged to Patrick's sister.  They all (a massive suitcaseful) came home with her and are now in her care until the point when Vivian asks for them back... which, Vivian, if you are reading this I beg of you be sooner rather than later!! I mean don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Cabbage Patch Kids in particular, but I now think that Evie has more dolls at age almost 6 than I did in aggregate my entire youth!
Evie and Patrick getting on the train to come home in Sanderson, Texas.
While Patrick and Evie were away Izzy and I had a relaxing weekend just us two.  We didn't do too much of import.  I did manage to get Izzy (and my brother) out for a hike at Sabino Canyon.  Both the hike and the company were lovely.  Izzy, among other things, is very, very, very into brushing her teeth and spent a good 30 minutes on Saturday night like this:

Last week we celebrated my birthday in a nice low key way with my folks and this weekend we will likely do the same for Patrick.  (Although I am working on him to go camping because it is going to be so nice... we'll see if I succeed) Yes folks it is birthday season in the Lacroix household... one of the best times o' the year!

No comments: