Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Halloween (the real deal)
Halloween was hectic but fun. Genevieve was a witch (for whom we could not find a hat... that I of course finally found last night on the floor in her bedroom) and Isadora was a tiger. We carved our pumpkin at the nth hour because the pumpkin carved the weekend before was rotted by the beginning of last week... I wish I had taken a picture of it, by far the best I have ever done, thanks to last years splurge on Williams and Sonoma pumpkin carving tools, which I didn't even get to use last year because we never carved a pumpkin... so there you have it, progress in the work/life balance... this year we managed to carve a pumpkin! Well to be honest I started the second one and Patrick had to finish it because friends started arriving at our house and Izzy was preforming her usual 6ish I act like I am hungry but by god don't you try to feed me (aka colic) meltdown. Oh and the pumpkin didn't end up lighted because we didn't have a candle in the house...
Anyway Evie had a great time trick or treating with her friends, including her best friend, who went out trick or treating for the first time this year and definitely got a kick out of the festivities. Most of the adult crew held down the fort with beer on the front porch and I took Izzy around in the pack with me. I made the mistake of wearing high heeled boots, good thing Genevieve only wanted to go around the block. I think this "family" picture (Evie insisted her friend be in the picture) pretty much sums it all up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment