Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mayan Princess

More pictures (and adventures) from Mexico...


Another highlight of the vacation were the two trips we took out to see Mayan ruins. We went first to Coba and then later in the week to Tulum. Evie really enjoyed looking at the ruins and pretending that she was a Mayan princess. She and Patrick created all sorts of elaborate stories about their lives in their castles as we explored the ruins. (In fact they still are creating these stories, as I type I hear them behind me building Mayan castles out of legos...)


At Coba people can still climb to the top of the highest pyramid and Evie was all about trying to do it. She made it maybe a quarter of the way before Patrick wisely decided that it was a trek for another visit. I climbed all the way to the top and I must admit there wouldn't have been any way for me to take care of a three year old on a descent down those steps; it was quite intimidating.

Evie was so into the whole Mayan princess charade that we broke down and picked up a "princess" dress for her. Here she is donning it and posing with her favorite little kid mannequins at a shop near our condo (she requested this photo op by the way)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it! We had a great time at Coba and Tulum last year. And we had a great time in Arizona while you guys were away....sorry to miss you, but your trip looks wonderful!