I half expected her first week to be really traumatic, new school, no diapers to fall back on and all in a language she really doesn't know. I know that I would be, at the very least, totally stressed if I were her. All I could think of during that first day after we dropped her off was how I felt when I went to China in high school and didn't understand a word that was being said to me for 3/4 of the day... But, so far as I can tell hanging out all morning with people who speak a language you don't understand doesn't faze her, pretty neat really. I am now fascinated with second language acquisition in little kids and have started gobbling up all sorts of info (for better or for worse) on the internet.

Anyway... the other fabulous event of the past week has been a ton of rain and SNOW! OK well the snow wasn't exactly in town... but we sure could see it from town. It was so lovely that we really just spent most of Saturday at my parents house staring out their huge windows at the mountains. We did manage to muster a short hike up one of the washes near my mom's place in the afternoon. It was actually quite cold even in Tucson (in the 40s... which, in my opinion, is about as cold as it should ever get, anything less is inhuman :)
Oh and just in case you can't quite see it in the photo collage...here is a close up of Evie's take on the appropriate clothes to wear hiking...
No comments:
Post a Comment