Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grass


Yup I gave in... Over the past month our backyard has been totally transformed from a pretty cool place to be to a super awesome place to really just spend all of our free time. As some of you know I have long seen grass (especially the large amount we had) as backyard enemy number one. Given this, it is no surprise that I lobbied pretty hard for the no grass, just xeriscape, option when it came time to redo the backyard. Well, suffice to say I did not win the debate against my attorney husband (no surprise there) and we ended up with less grass than he wanted and more than I wanted... ahh no one wins... a perfect mediation (right Patrick?)

Well I am here to tell you that (gasp) now that it is in I really do like the grass. Not for myself though but for the obvious joy it gives the other people in my world. Once it was in Evie jetted out into the backyard, flung off her shoes and proceeded to run around and around in circles proclaiming "I love my grass". Kita's reaction was quite similar, except she didn't have any shoes to throw off, and she put in the extra touch of a snout/body rub along the length of the grass. Patrick has also taken to spending copious amounts of time lying on it and waxing poetic about its wonderfulness.


To celebrate our new backyard we spent the lion's share of this past weekend in it. Starting on Friday night with a make your own pizza (or rather have chef Bridget over to help make your own pizza) and sit in the backyard and ending on Sunday night with nachos al fresco on the patio. In between there was plenty of relaxing, admiring and (of course) shoeless frolicking... ah grass.

1 comment:

Tepary said...

That sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend. I do miss grass.


Hope you have a fantastic birthday.
Rachel