Rain, lightning, and most important, thunder; were the excitement of the weekend. On Friday evening there was a wicked storm that came on quick and dumped buckets. (Originally we had planned to go camping on Friday and Saturday nights… turns out we were lucky Patrick had to work late) Anyway, we started out on the front porch watching the rainfall… Evie and I even ran through it a bit, but just a bit because she got a little scared…. Then we moved to the more sheltered back porch and hung out and watched the trees bend, the thunder boom and the rain fall. Every time it thundered Genevieve would get a little nervous so we would turn to her and make light of it by saying “boom, boom.”
On Saturday (after a detour to the tire shop because of a cracked sidewall on one of the jeep's tires) we ditched our warm abode and drove the hour up to Mt. Lemmon and the Rose Canyon Lake campground. We were pretty excited to try out our new tent that I bought about four months ago. I had no idea when I bought it just how large it was… I have named it gargantor… Needless to say it is a huge step up from our little two man backpacking tent and has enough room inside to house a small army so it was pretty spacious for the four of us…. Maybe a little too spacious because Kita spent most of the night going from window to window pacing around. In the old tent she could barely stand up so we never really had that problem. Anyway, after we had the tent all set up we went for a little walk down to the lake and then I tried my hand a vegan car camping fare… I think it turned out pretty well but you’d have to ask Patrick for an honest opinion.

Overall it was a nice night out. The best part though was as we were all snuggled up together laying down to sleep for the night there was some thunder in the distance. I was a little afraid Evie would get scared and start crying but instead she laid there listening and then after awhile after a particularly loud clap of thunder she whispered… boom boom.
No comments:
Post a Comment