Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And for my next act....



Genevieve has become quite the performer in the past few weeks. Grandma Nicole gave her a piano and as you can see she is quite fond of playing it. No Mozart yet but she does enjoy a good round of the itsy bitsy spider. Not only does she enjoy “playing” the music she also does a pretty nifty little dance to it every so often when the mood strikes her ☺

When she isn’t tickling the ivories or dancing she is performing the “anything you can do I can do better” routine. This little ditty involves her imitating things that you do and let me tell you she is building up quite the repertoire. To date she does a mean imitation of the pirate (arrrrr), an African bushman (click, click, click), a person laughing (ha, ha, ha) and my personal favorite “devil baby” (a low growl followed by a shaking head). The pirate is her Dad’s favorite and as a result it seems like whenever I leave the room I can hear them arrring to each other and giggling. She also does a few impersonations, her most common one being of her friend Riley, the nanny’s 1.5 year old daughter who likes to go around saying “that” and pointing at things. As a result Evie is constantly saying “that, that, that” and using her pointer finger… ahhh she must be brilliant!

And finally there is Evie the movie star! Here she is in her latest film "Snow is Cold"

1 comment:

Benjamin and Annie said...

I love it. Patrick is like, "What do you think of snow?" and Evie gives him a brief, distracted side glance like, "What did you say? I am stuck, don't understand this freakin' cold stuff... workin' here."