Saturday, July 14, 2007

Grab it!


When you’re a baby and you learn a new skill man do you become manic about it…. Or maybe we just have an OCD baby because she really gets into her new skills! The skill of the past week is grabbing things. For the most part this is a really funny, not to mention fun, new skill but it does have its dangerous moments (all the experienced parents out there are thinking, I’m sure, ohhh you’ve seen nothing yet!) One of the funny (and dangerous) moments this week was when she decided that she really needed to partake in her mommy’s morning coffee. I, as is per usual, was yakking away and looked down at her in my lap just in time to see her close her little fist around my precariously perched coffee cup. Once I realized what was going on it, of course, became a cute, fun game to watch (and take pictures of) the baby trying to “drink my coffee.”

The other fun grabbing game is the look-ma-I-can-stick-my-feet-in-my-mouth game. This game can, however, only be played when she is sans diaper because the diaper is big so it is a little bit risky. You never know when the urge to pee can overcome her and although she is not as dangerous as boy she can still spray with the best of them. Nevertheless it is definitely my favorite of the grabbing games. I’ve decided she has a little yogi in her because in the process of open mouth insert foot she does a mean happy baby pose ☺

No comments: